Sunday, August 21, 2005

Commitment

I have been told that I have a fear of commitment. This is simply not true.

Case in point - my sports teams.

I am a fan of the Houston Astros, the Houston Rockets and the Houston Texans. I'm an ART fan, if you will. I have stuck with these teams through thick and thin (well, the Texans are new, so they get a pass) and I have never waivered in my support.

When the Houston Oilers left for that other state I was heartbroken. I had broken up with my girlfriend of about 8 months two days before the Oilers move was official...I had been so upset about her, but when the Oilers left I was reminded what was really important in life.

I have lived through the worst Rockets teams and many disappointing Astros seasons...yet my commitment never waivered. I moved from Houston for a few years...but my commitment to my teams never waivered. I will always stand by my Houston ART teams, so don't you tell me that I'm afraid of commitment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home