Thursday, July 20, 2006

Regarding Art and Hot Dogs

Solutions, Not Problems added a couple new members over the last few days.

Baby steps...baby steps...

I am kind of digging the vibe I'm getting from a lot of people these days. I'm talking to more and more people who are just fed up with status quo and being lied to all the time. More people are asking questions, and they aren't accepting half-assed answers. I am truly hoping that this message is received this upcoming election season.

I have been making some progress on my unexpected art opportunity. I've been sketching some ideas and gathering some supplies. Yesterday I bought some wood for my canvas frames (I like to make my own) and some mirrors. More on the mirrors as it develops...but it's going to be cool, believe that! I'm not ready to share anything just yet, but I'm hoping to do so very soon. I completely forgot how invigorating the act of creating artwork can be. Maybe this will be healthier for me than my other hobby - long-distance running!

See - I am crazy enough to be an artist!

I am wondering a few things, tho, in the event that this art thingee takes off: am I required to wear black turtlenecks and smoke clove cigarettes? I really hope not, because it's too damned hot to wear black turtlenecks in Houston 347 days out of the year, and as far as the clove cigarettes go....EEEEWWWW!!!!!!

I think that if I ever have my own gallery opening I will serve beer instead of wine. I'll make sure to provide frosted mugs...cause that's classy!

Speaking of frosted mugs, next Tuesday is dollar dog day at Minute Maid Park! I'm wondering if this is my year...and some of you avid ballpark attendees know what I'm talking about! One Dog and One Beer every inning!

Eh, who am I kidding. I'm not Kobayashi, and the most dogs I ever ate was three at Zephyr Field in New Orleans...and my god, did I feel sick! Did alright on the beer, tho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home