Sunday, July 16, 2006

Odds and Ends...but mostly Odds

I love playing Kingdom of Loathing. My character is Groovius Maximus, and currently I'm an Accordian Thief, but I'm just doing a quick ascension so that I can build up some SuperHuman Cocktails to have for my next ascension as a Sauceror. I'm collecting Level 15 skills for my permanant collection, having already acquired Disco Bandit, Pastamancer and Seal Clubber. I can't decide if I'm going to go for the level 15 Accordian Thief skill, or just bail after I kill the Naughty Sorceress and go for the Sauceror skill. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

In the real world, I'm trying to put together a reading program with a few local organizations. I am appalled at the fact that kids don't really read anymore. Everything is X-Box this, and Nintendo WTF that...we really need to encourage kids to read more.

One thing I point to won't surprise my regular (aka non-existant) readers, and that's comics. Trades, in particular. I was given comics early on in life (having two parents that both liked them) and I have always been an avid reader. Hell, I read Lord of the Rings when I was 11. I don't think that the schools even expect 11 year olds to be able to read at all, these days!

I'm also still working on that Solutions, Not Problems website (forum found here: http://s13.invisionfree.com/SolutionsNotProblems/), but all of that work is going on behind the scenes, trying to figure out ways to expand what I'm trying to do there. I've got some interviews set up, but I'm not pursuing them until I have a bit of a better game plan for that site. One interview...well, let's just say that it is the ultimate evolution in cartography....

Hmm....I don't know if that was intentionally vague, or unintentionally dumb!

Life is going well for me right now. I am very busy, but that's a good thing! I haven't had a concussion in almost 7 years, so that's a good thing as well! Hopefully my past history with head injuries won't affect me later in life! Hopefully my past history with head injuries won't affect me later in life!

I really wish that the Astros would decide if they're good or bad! I am still convinced that we'll make the post-season, but damn....kick it up a notch already!!! The Rockets acquired Kirk Snyder for cash and a future draft pick swap. I guess that's good. He could surprise me!

Fiorentina was demoted to Serie B in the Italian Leagues. I'm upset about that, but they did deserve it. World Cup win aside, the state of Calcio in Italy is not very good at the moment.

Finally - I am ready for some goddamned football! NFL season is coming and coming soon! Go Texans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home