Saturday, July 22, 2006

Serious for a moment...but only a moment!

Oy....hate to be serious for a moment, but the jury in the Andrea Yates trial is due to begin deliberations on Monday.

I have run the gauntlet of opinion on this case. Like most, I was so appalled at the crime that the Death Penalty was a foregone conclusion to me. I have learned more about this case and my opinions have drastically changed.

I don't think that the idea of declaring her "insane" in any way exonerates her for those horrific crimes, but to just kill her (which isn't even an option, anyway) seems more like Vengeance than Justice at this point.

Andrea Yates will spend her life in jail or in hospitals. She will live with her crimes every day.

One thing is for sure, tho - the fact that ol' Rusty has skated with virtually no responsibility in this case is a true miscarriage of justice, not in our courts, but rather with the actual concept of Justice. Boy, he should be glad that the Spectre isn't real!

Sorry about that.


Anyway - can't find the connector cable for my camera, so if it's not in a couple other places I still need to check tomorrow, then I'll buy a new one. I want to share this stuff I'm doing with you - my non-existant, yet loyal readers!

Lots of interesting news coming out of the San Diego Comic-Con (for the non-comic geeks, that is essentially our Mecca), but the two that really have caught my eye so far are the Paul Dini/Amanda Conner hardcover graphic novel featuring Black Canary and Zatanna; and the announcement that DC's animated division is alive and well under Bruce Timm's watchful eye, and amongst their first new animated projects will be Darwyn Cooke's "DC: New Frontier" (confirmed rumor), and the Teen Titans "Judas Contract."

I damn near did cartwheels over this news! Remind me sometime to talk about my beginnings as a comic fan and you'll realize why the Judas Contract getting this treatment means so much!!! Good show, DC! Good Show, indeed!!!

Great week for Comics this past week. Checkmate, Shadowpact, Manhunter, Battle for Bludhaven, Catwoman and 52 were great...but the real gem was Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters!!!! If you have looked at my Solutions, Not Problems website then you'll understand why this book resonated with me so much. I'm too tired to go into detail right now, but this comic has achieved....nay, surpassed my initial expectations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home