Friday, July 21, 2006

What a terrible ending!

Well, I was all gung-ho and ready to post an image of the preliminary sketch of my first piece in my return to painting, but I can't find the freaking connector for my digital camera that hooks into my computer. I guess you non-existant readers will have to wait til tomorrow to see this. Hopefully I will find it in the last place I would expect to, as that is where I'll be looking first.

I'm going to post images of my work as it progresses. I am excited about painting again, and I want to share it. I'm prepared for people to think that my work is crap because, well...half the time I share that opinion. But, who knows - I'm not exactly known for my good taste.

Except when it comes to the Crimson Fox and Silver Sorceress - they do rock all kinds of wicked awesome and there's no disputing that!

I spoke with a gentleman earlier today who is going to help me with that reading program I was discussing earlier this week...or last week, I can't remember. It's always a good thing when you pitch an idea to people to see them all looking at each other and nodding. Gives you hope that the support will be there. I've talked to a few other people about trying to organize prizes for this reading program, but I really need to approach some local comics shops. I am going to be pushing the idea of reading comics on the parents who are trying to figure out how to get kids to read more.

The other thing I'm pointing out is that when kids see their parents reading, they are more likely to read. I don't know about anyone else, but I remember my parents having family reading times, where we'd all gather in the den and read books. No magazines, no papers - books. My parents were cool with me reading comics, as they were both comics fans when they were younger, but mostly I read novels or non-fiction material in that time.

That's it for now. I'm going to get dressed and lay down. Oh, I probably should have mentioned that I just wrote this update in the buff. Don't worry - I'm not going back to my roots as a nudist, I just took a shower and I really like air drying at this time of night. That information probably wasn't necessary, but if you are reading this, then you just read something I typed with my junk hanging out. Pervs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home