Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lowdown on the Low Post

Well, the NBA draft is Wednesday night and I can't figure out who the Rockets are taking. Hell, I expect them to trade out of that pick, to be quite honest. There's some good players available, but I will be super-pissed if we take on a bad contract and bad attitude (like Darius Miles) in order to move up a couple of slots.

Mostly, the Rockets need a visit from the Health Fairy, STAT!!!!

Speaking of Basketball, I was talking about Manute Bol earlier today. Now, I knew that he was involved in a lot of humanitarian activities after leaving the NBA, but I had no idea of the scope of his life's mission. I'm going to start researching this man's life some more and share his stories with you all. If you know any good Manute stories, please link us to them!

Center is my favorite position in basketball. As a fan, of course! The only way I could play center is if I were playing alongside dwarves. I do not like the dwindling role of the Center in basketball, but it's hard to argue with the success of guys like Nowitzki and Garnett in terms of what position they play.

My 5 best NBA centers are:

1) Hakeem Olajuwon
2) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3) Wilt Chamberlain
4) Moses Malone
5) Shaquille O'Neal

Now, I realize that some may accuse me of being a homer by putting Hakeem first, but honestly familiarity plays a bigger role in it. I saw Olajuwon and Jabbar play, so they have a bigger impact on me. Plus, there is the fact that I think that he was better!

A lot of players have sweet moves, but the Dream Shake was artistic expression!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home