Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm black! No wait...I'm back. I'm still a honky.

Well, seven weeks after my last entry I am finally updating this. Obviously I have not been keeping up with my weekly 52 updates. In fact, you could say that my timetable has been Grant Morrisonesque.

Here's a tip for people doing these things - do not change your password and forget to write the new one down. It has taken me weeks to remember what I had changed this to. Anyway, I am back and ready to pick up with week seven of 52, along with a few tidbits from prior weeks.

I'd like to point out a theory that I've been kicking around to a few people: Natasha Irons, Steel's niece, is dead. Dead, deceased, finito, kaput, no more! D-E-D, Dead!

I think that she was killed in the battle of Metropolis. Her "appearances" with her uncle in 52 are the result of him not being able to deal with her death. We have already seen that he is hallucinating, and I think that he is hallucinating Natasha as well.

He is acting like an engineer who's project failed - he is going back, looking at the details, trying to figure out what he could have done differently to prevent the disaster. In this case he is acting like a more stern parent figure.

But wait - there's more!

He's rebuilding her. He is building a new body and will hunt down T.O. Morrow and Doc Magnus to figure out how to create an artificial soul. It is his way of bringing her back from the dead.


Other 52 notes:

How cool was it to see Spanner's Galaxy mentioned? I had a damn near geekgasm when I saw that!

Red Tornado's body seems like it was hit by a spherical object. In Rip Hunter's lab we see his time sphere...and it's been damaged! Where in time is Rip Hunter now?

I don't know if anyone has heard, but Batwoman is being re-introduced as a buxom, lipstick lesbian. Originally they were going to introduce her as a flat-chested, lipstick lesbian, but they looked at the sales on the Power Girl storyline in JSA: Classified and came to the conclusion that a lot of guys like big boobs, and it is the horny 16-60 year old male population that they are targetting with this character.

Devem, from the CCC (Creepy Cult of Conner), is a take off of an old Legion of Super-Heroes character - Dev-Em. Dev-Em was the last kryptonian in existence in the 30th century and he was quite religious. Oh, and he was a spy.

Black Adam is cooler than you.

Manthrax needs an ongoing series.

OK - that's it for now. I'll get to work on the week seven notes. Welcome back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home