Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thank goodness I won't have to cheer for that Gay guy!

Mark me down as a Rockets fan who likes the Swift and Gay for Battier deal.

Man...that sounds so wrong!

I realize that Richard Gay has all kinds of potential, but we are already loaded with potential, and now Battier gives us consistancy. Good move for the Rockets. Something tells me that Mike James is going to get his wish and rejoin this team as well. I kind of like the idea of this lineup:

PG: Alston
SG: James
SF: McGrady
PF: Battier
C: Yao

If he is brought back, tho, Mike James needs to understand that he is not the first, or even the second scoring option on this team.

I missed the draft itself, as I was off watching Superman Returns. I had pretty high hopes for this film...and those hopes were exceeded. Amazing flick. I had goosebumps at the beginning as the credits rolled. Felt like a kid again. I will definately buy this when it comes out on DVD.

The world is a messed up place right now, and I think that a good, inspirational hero like Superman will be just what some people need right now.

Marvel's been ruling the movie world as far as comics go for a while, but with Batman Begins and Superman Returns, I'd say that DC has stepped up and hit two out of the park. Batman Begins is my favorite superhero movie of all time, and I have a feeling that Superman Returns may come in at a very close second.

The bar has been raised very high for DC's movies. Hopefully Joss Whedon won't drop the ball with Wonder Woman. I know that David Goyer will give us a good Flash film (Make it Jay, pleeeeease!!!!).

I really miss the JLU cartoon. It was such a treat for DC fans like myself. I hope that the rumors of direct-to-DVD movies are true, as that would be a great way to tell more wonderful JLU stories. The news of the New Frontier animated movie has taken a bit of the sting out of JLU's baffling cancellation.

I am still holding out for hope that we'll see a movie version of Aquaman starring Owen Wilson as Aquaman, Ben Stiller as Black Manta, and Luke Wilson as the Ocean Master. We will get Will Ferrell, Steven Cobert and Vince Vaugn in there somehow as well. I know that seems like quite a departure from the way I feel about the Superman and Batman movies, but let's face it - an Aquaman comedy would be box-office gold!!!

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE HOUSTON SPORTS WORLD!!!!

The Houston Astros fail to provide Roger Clemens with any run support. Stand back while I use the paddles on myself as my heart has stopped from the shock! Thank god I have sarcasm to keep me going! Eessh!!!! What's up, Astros? You're embarrassing yourselves.

That said, hats off to the Detroit Tigers. They seem to be for real this year. You can't be too unhappy with a team like that beating your team when they've been bad for so long.

Man, the more I'm thinking about it the more I think this was a good night - Superman Returns was incredible, and the Rockets made a really good trade. Oh, I also picked up some comics, so I will be reading those tonight. As for real books, I will be starting Theodore Rex soon. Teddy was one of the most fascinating US presidents in my opinion, but I won't go into that now. This post has meandered enough as it is.

Oh, and it seems I was dead wrong about Natasha Irons being dead, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home