Friday, June 30, 2006

Quapees

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York will be sending 135 pieces to display in the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston while the Met undergoes renovation.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/4014184.html

Works by Degas, Monet, Cezanne and Renoir will be amongst the pieces that will be sent here, then after a few months they will go to Germany before returning home to NYC.

I will be sending the Met a thank you letter. I'm used to picking up the paper and seeing bad news story after bad news story, so seeing something like this right off the bat in the newspaper made my day!

I've had a list of museums around the world that I've wanted to see, and I've had the good fortune of visiting three of them (The Vatican, The Uffizi, and the London National Museum), and believe me, the Met was on that short list. Nice to know that they deliver!

We don't focus on the good news often enough. In Kuwait yesterday women participated in elections for the first time. Instead of celebrating this long overdue change, some are harping on the fact that it took so long. It's a step in the right direction, and the Kuwaitis should be congratulated for it. Focus on that positive.

A huge stink is being made about not using the phrase "and the American Way" in the new Superman movie...but you know what? Why are people focusing on that one little omission rather than celebrating what a good, inspirational movie that it was?

I call these people Quapees. That is derived from "Perpetually Pissed Portion of the Population." Four "P's" or Quad "P's." Quapees. Feel free to use that term, but you owe me a nickle each time you use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home