Saturday, July 29, 2006

Gobbledegook!

So - Floyd Landis...did he, or didn't he?

Honestly, I don't care at this point. I know this makes France happy, but you know it's bittersweet as that wasn't the man they wanted!

My happy sports news is that I scored tix to a Soccer doubleheader on August 9th at Reliant Stadium. The first match is between the 1836 and the LA Galaxy, and the featured match is between Club America and the European Champs - FC Barcelona!!!

I feel like I just got free tickets to see the best team in the world play....oh wait, I did!!!

Speaking of FC Barcelona, I was doing a search for images of Jar Jar Binks the other day (you don't want to know why) and it seems that many in the soccer world think that there is quite a resemblance between that character and FC Barcelona star, Rohnaldino. It's not a flattering comparison!

In Kingdom of Loathing I screwed up the Gloomy Mushroom process on the second freaking day, so I went ahead and ascended again to replinish my Hi Mein stock. I tell you, I have become a Pulverizing fool on that game! I spent almost 100 adventures making Furry Pants and Kilts just so that I could pulverize them and get some nuggets and wads! I'm noticing that I can do without the Superhuman Cocktailing drinks (even tho they are nice), so I really hope they modify that one a bit. Maybe get 10 free upgrades for the day, but on Moxie Days do it like the Wok of Ages, and charge the cost of an adventure for each upgrade past 10 you use!

In 52 news, WE HAVE ISIS!!! This was a great Black Adam issue. I am really digging the character of Adrianna Tomaz, and I have high hopes for Isis. She's a great humanizing factor on him...well, Adrianna was - the jury's out on the Mighty Isis! Poor Billy is having a hard time adjusting to his new role as well. I am not buying the upcoming Shazam project (burned too many times by that writer), so I won't see how that plays out.

It was great seeing the Feitherians flying in formation above the Capitol building of Khandaq. I would love to see that lineup from Black Reign again (Black Adam, Atom-Smasher, Northwind, Brainwave, Eclipso, and Nemesis). Of course, two are dead and one is incarcerated at the moment...but I think they can figure out something to do! I am really hoping that the new Dr. Fate is an ally of Black Adam - kind of taking the characters full circle!

Speaking of "new" characters - I've decided that Batwoman is pointless, especially upon reading about Didio's disdain for "derivative" characters (like Nightwing). I mean - how much more derivative can you get than this new Batwoman??? Gotham Billionnaire from the other family (who are just as well-known and connected as the Wayne's) who fights injustice under the symbol of the bat. Come on, now!

In Texans news - I'm excited for this new season, if for no other reason that Bennie Joppru has made it through preseason so far without a season-ending injury. I am a real fan of this guy, even tho he hasn't played a down. I'm hoping he makes the team, and if not, then I hope he latches on somewhere!

Vince and Reggie have both signed with their teams now...but I still maintain that the Texans made the right move. I am getting tired of people saying that we should have traded down and still picked up Mario - um.....wouldn't have happened! If we had traded down with the Jets (as the rumor went) then New Orleans was set to pounce on Mario. Kubiak and Co. had their sights set on him, so why take the risk of losing out on him? Oh, and sorry, Youngsters, but your guy was never a real possibility.

I have completed a preliminary painting, but I'm not too happy with it. It was basically an excercise to get my hand back, and I still think I need some work! I have calmed down a bit and am starting to think about things too much now, I'm afraid. I am loving some of the sketched ideas I have been working on, and I think I need to dive in on one of those or risk getting disheartened. The first example will be posted on this blog for you, my loyal, non-existant readers, once I get my new camera cable in that I ordered from eBay!!!

Oh, and before I go I wanted to point out that I got an email from God the other day wondering when I was going to run the next part of my interview with him. Her. Whatever. It's coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home