Monday, July 31, 2006

Trees and Squirrels

I took my niece for a walk today. She's 6 and about to go into first grade. She's a sweet, clever little girl.

On this walk we saw some bunnies. We saw some birds and we saw a couple deer. I live in a heavily wooded area, so while that isn't unusual, it is still pretty cool.

I took her home and before I left she said "thanks for showing me the trees and squirrels."

Trees and Squirrels.

I didn't even notice them, to be quite honest. I'm not saying that I was not aware of trees - we're surrounded by them - but I wasn't thinking of them as a point of interest. She did, tho.

It's amazing, really - thinking about experiencing the world for the first time. To be so young and to see such things that so many of us don't even notice now after so many years.

Trees and Squirrels.

Tomorrow when I go for a run, I think that I'll enjoy the trees and the squirrels a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home