Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cingular is really aggravating me today!!!

Solutions, Not Problems is updated for August! The new topic of the month is Cuba, and in a new feature, the Question of the Month is "Is everything political?" which was put forth by a rather clever member of that forum!

http://z13.invisionfree.com/SolutionsNotProblems/

I am not one to usually talk about my "feelings," but my god, I hate Cingular with a passion! Their coverage in this area has always been piss-poor to begin with, but over the last 48 hours it has been downright deplorable! I have a strong signal, but everytime I make an outgoing call I get the "call failed" message, or the "network busy" message. I can't send out or receive text messages, either!

The real cherry on the sundae??? The Customer "Service" line shuts down at 10 PM CST. If not for necessity (most people I know are on Cingular) then I would drop these incompetant assclowns faster than...well, something really fast...that drops.

Ohhh!!! Faster than the football out of a Texans' receiver's hands!

OK - that may have been unwarranted. I actually am quite excited about the Texans this season. They have addressed many of their needs quite well, if not quietly, and their new defensive scheme should be fun to watch. Suddenly they have a very deep D-Line.

I think that David Carr will have a breakout season. He now has a system that works for him (no more of this standing target bull-bleep!), some solid tight ends, two AWESOME #1 receivers (yes, I think that Moulds still will get some #1 attention from defenses), and a coach who has made mediocre runningbacks into stars.

The O-Line is still a worry, but not so much anymore. I think that Mike Flannigan and Mike Shermann will make their presence felt early and that will change the tone of that line.

Mario Williams was the best choice for the Texans, and anyone who still doesn't think so needs to stop their aggressive Q-tip usage, as I think they've pierced the ear canal and hit gray matter. He will be considered a failure by most before he even makes a play, but to the more savvy fan, his impact will be seen and felt immediately. One man who will be a big fan of his? Anthony Weaver. He may as well start asking opposing quarterbacks if they want paper or plastic.

I'm thinking that 6 wins is a definite possibility. This franchise is finally making smart decisions.

On a college football note - I have never had more respect for Bob Stoops than I have now. He did the right thing by kicking those idiot players off the team. Short-term success isn't worth the long-term damage that Rhett Bomar would have caused. They'll still be a great team this year, and I hope that the Sooner Nation backs the coach's move on this one.

Have I mentioned that I really, really despise Cingular right now?

I'm about to go on a short vacation, but I'll update this when I can. I know how you, my loyal, non-existant readers get when you don't get your tin-foil fix. Maybe I'll finally publish part two of my Interview with God.

Either way, I'm off to have a beer. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home