Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Night Owl"


OK, this isn't my favorite thing that I've been working on, but it is the one that got me out of my rut lately.

I have been so down on myself with this new art project that it was stunting my productivity. Tonight I had enough, so I decided to paint a quick image - the first thing that popped in my head...and this was it.

I call this "Night Owl."

When I was a kid I would sometimes stay with a friend during the summers who lived out in the country. There was no light polution - the skies were bright and brilliant, and the world seemed to glow in a light violet hue. The moon was bright enough to read by.

I remember sitting at this window looking at the night sky, and off in the distance (a couple miles away) there was this one house in the middle of nowhere that always had one light on in the same window every night. That was the only light at night in that world that didn't come from the heavens, and I guess it became it's own little star in my mind.

Anyway - this piece is pretty much crap, but I've been putting off posting anything for long enough, so I might as well put something on here that will leave me nowhere to go but up, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home