Monday, August 14, 2006

"Descent"



Have you ever looked down into a long, dark shaft with a flashlight? I remember looking down this well when I was younger, trying to see the water at the bottom. It was rather eerie, because the light would only go so far down, and the discoloration of that world was rather disconcerting. I knew that there was water at the bottom of the well, because you could drop a rock and after a few seconds hear a distant splash. I would look down with that light trying to see the reflection off the water from the disrupted liquid surface...but could never see it.

I would have nightmares about that well...imagining falling down into it. Of course, I also had these fantastic ideas that at the bottom of this well was the doorway to lands I had only read about in books and comics like Narnia, Middle Earth or Skartaris.

Man...I really needed to have less time on my hands when I was younger, huh?

Well, I took the day off today and it felt great! I got to sleep in for a while, and the day would have been perfect if not for my continuing issues with Cingular. I missed some very important calls today, and I'm quite cross about it! Oh well, water off the duck's back and all, I guess.

The Astros still have a chance. I can't believe it, but they are within not only the Wild Card, but the freaking National League Central title! You know what this means???

Boy, the NL really sucks this year!!!

You know who may not suck, tho? The Texans. As I said before, this team will surprise some people. I love the fact that the offensive playbook no longer calls on Carr to stand still until sacked. He was all over the place in the plays that he was in! Having the Johnson-Moulds targets will be a boon to the team, if not to fantasy football owners. Wali Lundy was impressive in the time he got as well.

As for Super Mario - some will just focus on the fact that he "only" got an assisted tackle in his 11 plays, but I watched all 11 plays, and he was making the O-linemen have kittens out there! He commands a double team on every down...and he still looks like he's overpowering them! I remain a Super Mario fan!

As for the "other" football - the English Premiership League kicks off this weekend, and I'm trying my hand in a fantasy league for that sport for the first time! I'm kind of nervous, seeing as how I'm competing against actual Euro-types, but it should be fun. I'll let you, my loyal, non-existant readers, know how I'm doing...unless I'm just sucking harder than a whore during shore leave...then I might fail to mention my weekly results!

I'm off to do more painting. The "block" is officially gone. I'm working on several things now, and I'll post images as I complete them. Some are way more involved than what I've shown so far, so I may do updates on them as I go. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home