Thursday, August 17, 2006

"What the hell are you thinking???" or 2 more works in progress...



Two more paintings that I'm working on at the moment. The first is almost complete, and the second one is just at the background stage. I will go back and work on the second one after I finish this entry, and I'll complete the first one tomorrow at some point.

Well, I completed my first fantasy football draft of the year earlier this evening! I am once again in too many leagues for my own good, but not all are pay leagues, so it's just a time waster more than anything. Anyway - in this league I'll be going into battle with:

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Clinton Portis (whom I did not know was injured)
RB - Edgerrin James
WR - Tory Holt
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Deion Branch
TE - Jeremey Shockey
K - Neil Rackers
DST - Da Bearsss!

My bench consists of:

QB - Michael "Ron Mexico" Vick
RB - TJ "Soon to be a Jet" Duckett
WR - Reggie "TO's replacement" Brown
WR - Ernest "Where's Jimmy?" Wilford
WR - Laverneaus "And Shirley" Coles
WR - Nate "Insert Nickname Here" Burleson
DST - Denver


There's a three RB cap in this league, but I should be able to pick up another if CP is on the injured list to begin the season. I'm thinking Frank "No Relation to Al" Gore will have a good season.

Sigh....one draft down, a few more to go! I think my next painting will be entitled "overwhelmed" and it will just consist of paint splatters on all of my war room notes!

I do need to drop one of my many WR's to get a tight end to play in week four when the Giants are off.

Anyway - time to get back to the canvas. I'm really enjoying this and I hope to have the website up and running by November....oh...have I neglected to mention that? Oops! More details on that later!

A quick comics note - RIP to one of my favorite characters growing up. We've seen the end of one Golden age it would seem. I read Didio's comments on that decision and it makes me wonder if they realize what the world is like outside of comics...eesh! Bad call, DC!

Oh, and JLA was delayed, as was Civil War and Wonder Woman....looks like late comics are acceptible for both companies these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home